About the Department
- Established in the year 2017 with an intake of 60, objective is to develop engineering strategies to promote innovations in medical technologies and solve challenging problems in medicine and facilitate translation of technology to clinical health care.
- Well-equipped laboratories including Biochemistry, Microbiology, Digital Image Processing and Diagnostic and Therapeutic equipment with state-of-the-art facilities
- First of its kind programme having tie up with Multinational companies for inculcating research skills among students to develop new products
- Various research activities are progressing in the areas such as Biomedical imaging, Biomaterials, BioMEMS, Rehabilitation engineering and Computational mechanics to invent new technologies
- Career opportunities exist in research institutes, IT industries, public sector, medical schools and hospitals.
Be at the forefront in providing multidisciplinary education in engineering, technology and biological sciences, thereby developing avant-garde devices and technologies for exceptional health care.
- Establish new teaching paradigms to converge biomedical engineering education to unveil creativity and innovation in clinical health care
- Build an integrated team of biomedical engineering community to nurture cutting-edge technologies through research and development
- Collaborate and promote partnership with healthcare industry to enrich employability skills and be in phase with their progress
- Impart moral values, inculcate ethical behaviors and practice life-learning