The institute is established in a sprawling 11.44 acres of land in Kollupalayam village of Arasur Panchayat, Palladam Taluk, Coimbatore District in the state of Tamilnadu. The charities own more lands adjacent to this site and hence allotting land in due course, if necessary,
will not be a problem. Located about a kilometer away from the National Highway 47, the site is easily accessible. In addition, it is 10 kilometers away from the hustle and bustle of Coimbatore city life. Both these factors ensure that an environment devoid of noise pollution is created for the student community. Furthermore, the site is surrounded by coconut groves adding greenery and serenity to an already solemn campus. The approach road is dotted by well established manufacturing and textile units, including the promoter group’s units. The students do not need to travel far to gain apprenticeship experience.
The campus will be modular in nature. The first building on entry would be an attractive one, which will house the Admin office, Principal and Secretary’s office. There will be an auditorium in this building. The first and Second floor will be dedicated to Library. Just opposite to the Admin building at the other extreme end would be a non-formal building housing students’ center, NCC/NSS room, cooperative stores, reading room etc.
The first block on the right side will be ECE, the EEE and Mechanical engineering blocks, followed by classroom block. Then comes the computer science block. There will be a mini conference hall to accommodate 300 members in that block. At the end is the Lab and workshop block which will have Physics, Chemistry laboratories and all Mechanical, Electrical, Civil workshops and labs. On the left side we will have Civil and Textile department and Nanotechnology departments in the future.
BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES IN THE CAMPUS
The campus has 4 blocks to start with. They are classroom block, ECE block, EEE block and Workshop & Lab block. The total built up area in this phase is close to 16,000 sq m. In the second phase, Computer block and hostel blocks would be taken up for construction. In the third phase, Workshop & Lab block expansion and civil engineering blocks would be done. And in the fourth phase, construction of administrative block and Nano technology block would be taken up. Subsequently an indoor stadium open-air theatre and students’ convention centre will be built.
The following facilities will be developed in a phased manner.
- Indoor sports complex
- Outdoor stadium
- Students convention centre
- Various play fields / flood lit grounds
- Yoga/meditation halls
- Reading room
- Cooperative stores
A well rounded education comprises not only the best of academic performance but also grooms students from other perspectives. In order to ensure that students benefit from learning at a world class institution, KPR has put into place a host of facilities.
The institute has a central library equipped with all the necessary textbooks and reference books prescribed by the AICTE and Anna University. The centre is also equipped with computers, laser printers and heavy duty photocopiers to ensure students have the benefit of using the material for their research study.
The College has full-fledged accommodation and boarding facilities for boys and girls. A dedicated canteen will offer a nutritionally balanced diet for the students and all activities will be overseen by qualified wardens.
The college will encourage students to pursue a variety of co curricular activities and institutes various societies to oversee each. These include sports, cultural and intellectual groups and will comprise representatives from both students and faculty.
Mr.V.Thambidurai MPED, M.Phil, PGDY – Physical Director
Mr.R.Stalin B.Sc,MPED,PGDY, – Physical Director
The Department of Physical Education aims at the overall development of the students through its various sports programmes and inculcates in them discipline, team spirit, teamwork, co-operation, sportsmanship and tolerance. A standard 400 meter track enables various training, physical work outs and helps to develop their physical fitness. A number of recreational and sports programmes are available for the students to refresh and relax. Fitness centre with advanced fitness equipments facilitate the students to stay physically fit and face any physical challenges.
The Department of Physical Education provides ample opportunities to the students to take part in sports and games through intramural and extramural sports competitions. Students are encouraged to participate in many tournaments like Anna university and Open tournaments further the inter department tournaments gives opportunity to the students to exhibit the talents in their respective specialization.
The sports facilities as follows:
- 400mts Standard track with curb
- Football Field
- 4 Volleyball courts with fencing
- Concrete Basketball court
- 2 Handball courts with fencing
- 2 Throw ball Courts with fencing
- 3 Ball badminton Courts with fencing
- 2 Kho-Kho courts
- 2 Kabaddi courts
- Cricket field
- Cricket net Platform
- Fitness Centre for men & Women separately
- 4 Table Tennis Boards
Yoga classes are organized for the Students to make them mentally fit. Students are encouraged and facilitated to practice yoga further experts are invited to take class in yoga.
Sports Quota is available for the meritorious sports persons
- Special coaching has been given to sports students during competition period
- Transport facilities has been provided after evening practice
- Outstanding sports performers are honored during the sports day celebrations.
- Our college organized Anna University Table tennis tournament for Men on 2011&2012.
- Our college organized Anna University Kabaddi tournament for Men on 2011.
- Our college have organized Anna University Kho-Kho tournament for Men held on 2012-13
- Our college organized 3Rd CENTIES Championship for Engineering student on 04-06.02.2012, around 35 Engineering Colleges & 1750 Students participated in this. Tournament was inaugurated by Indian Volleyball team Captain Mr.M.Ukkara pandiyan & Guest of valedictory function Mr.N.Sasikumar IInd Commandant RAF, Cbe.
- Our college organized Anna University Kho-Kho tournament for Men on 2013.
- Our college organized 4th CENTIES Championship for Engineering student held on 12-14.02.2013, around 35 Engineering Colleges participated in this.
- Our college organized KPR Volleyball Championship for school students on 18th & 19th July 2014, around 48 schools participated in this.
- Our college organized Anna University Chess tournament for men & Women on 21st & 22nd August 2014, around 19 colleges participated in this.
- Our college organized Anna University Volleyball tournament for Men on 4th & 5th of September 2014.
- Our college organized Anna University Athletic Championship for men & Women held on 11th & 12th October 2014
- Our college organized “KPR Mini Marathon 2014” on 7th & 6th December 2015, more than 5000 students participated from various colleges & schools around Tamilnadu.
- Our college organized “1st KPR Trophy “on 16th & 17th February 2015 around 60 teams participated from various Engineering Colleges.
- Our college organized Sports _ Q held on 18th & 19th April 2015 around 9 games and approximately 500 students participated from various schools.
Bus Parking Details
|BUS||Reg No||Seating||D.Name||D.Mobile||Parking Area|
|1||TN 37 BK 6979||69+1||Kalidass||9788116601||Goundampalayam|
|2||TN 37 BE 2535||58+1||Nagaraj||9943394071||Tirupur Office|
|3||TN 37 BK 6899||69+1||Arul||9688816972||SRT Office|
|4||TN 37 BK 6889||69+1||Ramesh||9965525316||Tirupur Office|
|5||TN 37 BE 2526||58+1||Pethanasamy||9626557265||College|
|6||TN 37 BY 8123||60+1||Ramkumar||8489836362||Tirupur Office|
|7||TN 37 BY 8136||60+1||Rajesh||8124407119||sundarapuram|
|8||TN 37 BK 6989||69+1||Mahimaidass||9791222633||sundarapuram|
|9||TN 38 AF 8757||61+1||Gnanasekar||8526861790||Tirupur Office|
|10||TN 37 BY 8140||60+1||Shankaravel||9489915725||SRT Office|
|11||TN 37 BY 8192||60+1||Chandra Kumar||9488240423||Tirupur Office|
|12||TN 37 BY 8259||60+1||Chelladurai||9698649696||College|
|13||TN 37 BD 6575||40+1||Velavar||8940272201||College|
|14||TN 37 CZ 1137||60+1||Jayapandian||9585188274||Tirupur Office|
|15||TN 37 CZ 1119||60+1||Vellaisamy||9788165320||Tirupur Office|
|16||TN 37 CZ 1440||60+1||Sathasivam||8870844075||Saravanampatti|
|17||TN 37 CX 1184||60+1||Anbuchezian||9941769844||SIPCOT|
|Cosmo||TN 66 L 9061||16+1||Balamurugan||9843018340||College|
|Duster||TN 37 CY 0415||4+1||–||–||College|
|Ertiga||TN 66 H 6535||6+1||Mohana Sundaram||8883239108||College|
|T.Ace||TN 37 AX 9945||MESS||–||–||College|
|T.Magic||TN 66 9523||7+1||Bakthavatchalam||8883540632||College|
|Omni||TN 37 CX 4030||7+1||–||–||College|