About The Chairman
"A true leader is someone who, with a quiet determination, sets out to make difference"
This is very true in the case of our Chairman, Shri.K.P.Ramasamy.He is an enterprising entrepreneur and visionary who believes that hard work, intellect an unrelenting determination are essential ingredients for achiving success besides possessing the willingness and the ability to successfully empower others within the organization. As a dynamic leader, he recognizes other individuals within the organization to create a dynamic and pro-active business environment which has been most vital to the Company's performence. And the fact that he gives high priority to ethical and social asspects of business is an added advantage.
Prossessing over 36 years of experience in the apparel industry, encommpassing all aspects of the business, right from raw mateerial to finished stage, his insight gives business that much needed adge to grow and succeed. He is ably supported by experienced Managing Director Mr.KPD Sigamani, Director Mr.P.Nataraj along with qualified and competent personnel.The KPR group of companies has established a lead position in South India with interests in Textiles, Wind energy, Sugar and Education. The companies are threaded by a unified code of values: commitment to excellence, quality and the willingness to give back to the environment.
Shri. K.P.D.Sigamanni, a Post Graduate in Mathematics is a Managing Director of KPR Mill Limited. He has over Three Decades of experience in the Apparel Industry specialized in the production and marketing of knitted Apparel. His travel across the Globe gained an in-depth knowledge on Export of Apparel. He currently heads the Apparel Division, the major contributor to the export business of the company. KPR Mill is one of those Export units that enabled elevation of the Knit wear Town ‘Tirupur’, to a pre-dominant position among the exporting fraternity in India. It is his un-tiring efforts that have garnered substantial revenue for KPR Mill through exports.As a Rotarian, he has rendered various social welfare services to the needy people. He is a Trustee of “Mother Care Value Trust Hospital”, promoted by an internationally reputed importer M/s Mother Care, providing free medical treatment for children and expectant mothers. He is also a Trustee in K.P.R. Charities.
Shri. P.Nataraj, a Science Graduate and Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is a Managing Director of KPR Mill Limited. He has over 25 years of experience in the Apparel industry, especially in marketing of fabric, knitted apparel & cotton yarn. Besides the above, with his rich knowledge he is handling Financial Management, Internal Control, Project implementation and Cotton procurement of the Company.Under his guidance and active participation the Company successfully concluded Public issue of Shares at Premium and listing of Equity shares.He is a Member in ‘Cotton Yarn Advisory Board’ Constituted by the Government of India. He is also a Member in the Textile Panel of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Coimbatore and Vice-president of Indian Cotton Federation. He is an Executive Committee Member of South India Mills Association (SIMA). As an active Melvin Jones Fellowship Member of Lions Club he has conducted free Eye Camps, free Blood Donation Camps and various other social activities. He is a Trustee in Aaliyar Arivu Thirukovil, Pollachi that spreads awareness in Meditation, Yoga, Women upliftment and other social welfare activities. He is also a Trustee in K.P.R. Charities.
KPR Mills Limited
KPR Mills, the flagship company of the group and is one of the largest vertically integrated Apparel manufacturing companies in India with state of the art facilities. Its multiple locations at Neelambur, Arasur, Karumathampatty in Coimbatore, Anupparapalayam in Tirupur District, and Sathyamangalam and Perundurai in Erode districts give it access to a well spread supply chain and the benefits of a ready market.
Facts – Truly awe-inspiring!
Spinning – 3, 53,088 spindles to produce 90,000 MT of yarn per annum
Knitting – Capacity to produce 21,000 MT of fabrics per annum
Dyeing – Processing 9000 MT per annum
Garmenting – 63 million pieces of readymade knitted apparel per annum
KPR Mills has a workforce of over 9000 people who are deeply committed to its passion for excellence. Steered by a dynamic management, KPR has been able to cross a turnover of more than Rs 4000 crores.
KPR Wind Mills
Realising that the long-term solution to meet growing power needs is renewable energy and the prominence of Wind energy in that sphere, ever since setting up of spinning mills it was supported by Wind mills. KPR has installed Windmills at Tamilnadu (Tirunellveli, Theni, Thenkasi, & Coimbatore) with a capacity of 61.92 MW Green power, sufficient to meet about 75% of its power requirement. The expansion plans of KPR are always cohered with windmill expansion.
Awards & Accreditations
Holding pride of place in the KPR group is the recognitions and certifications it has won from different sectors. KPR Mills is a certified producer of organic cotton in India and is in the forefront of organic cotton production.
KPR was featured in the renowned business magazine “Business World, October 2008 and ranked 361 among India’s most financially sound, non finance, companies yielding maximum shareholder returns.
The quality initiatives and consistent technology up gradation at all levels enabled various International accreditations such as:
- Worldwide Responsible Apparel Production Certificate (WRAP) – ensuring apparel production under lawful, humane and ethical conditions.
- Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI) – for good working conditions of workers.
- Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) – for organic cotton products.
- OEKO-TEX – for responsible and ethical endeavors.
- Certified by International Association for Research and Testing in the field of Textile Ecology with respect to apparel manufacturing operations.
- Certified as a Trading House by Ministry of Commerce and Trade.
- Awarded with the 5 star categories for the “Excellence in code of discipline of providing Women Employment” by TUV-SIMA (The Southern India Mill’s Association).
- ISO 14001 : 2004 Certifications for Environment Management Systems
- SA 8000: 2001 for Social Accountability Management System.
- ISO 9001 : 2008 for Quality Management System
KPR Institute of Engineering and Technology is headed by a governing council with eminent members.
- Mr. K. P. Ramasamy, Chairman, KPR Charities
- Mr. K. P. D. Sigamani, Managing Trustee, KPR Charities
- Mr. P. Nataraj, Managing Trustee, KPR Charities
- Mr. C. R. Anandakrishnan, Executive Director, KPR Charities
- Mr. E. K. Sakthivel, Chief Executive, Quantum Knits Pvt.. Limited, Arasur, Coimbatore
- Mr. Israel Inbaraj, General Manager - HR, TATA Consultancy Services,Bangalore
- Dr. T. Kalai Selvan, Deputy Director, CUIC, Anna University, Chennai
- Dr. Adhikari Venkat Ramarao, Principal Commercialization Officer,IPM Cell, IC&SR, IIT, Madras, Chennai
- Dr. Rajeev Sukumaran, Senior Advisor, Teaching Learning Centre, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai
- Mr. U. Radhakrishnan, Managing Director, Jayalakshmi Trading Company,89-B, National Park, 1st Floor, Lajpat Nagar IV, New Delhi
- Mr. P. L. Murugappan, Chief Financial Officer, KPR Mill Limited,Coimbatore
- Dr. K. Bommanna Raja, Principal, KPR Institute of Engineering and Technology