Our Library at the KPRIEnT supports the institute’s march towards its vision to provide world-class facility for its users. Our Library is a member of DELNET (Developing Library Network). Our Library subscribes the e-journals IEEE – All Society Periodicals (165 journal), Elsevier- Engineering + Computer Science (275 journals) – Science Direct, & ASTM DIGITAL LIBRARY. Our Library Intranet Page provides the IP based online accesses towards these resources. Our Library has rich collection of books and non book materials and NPTEL collections.
MISSION & VISION
Our Vision is to provide a world-class knowledge resource that not only caters to the curriculum requirement but also promotes intellectual enquiry and research. We plan to achieve this through superior quality service with consistence. We focus on values like quality, utility, accessibility and stability.
The Library has been built in an area of 930 Sq. m. It has been fully computerized with latest technologies. The Digital Library provides access to institutional repositories and video collection of NPTEL and CD and DVD materials.
- Covered area 930 sq mt;
- Library with e-learning resources
- OPAC facility- http://192.168.2.251/dolphinopac/
- Digital Library – http://digitallibrary/ (or) http://192.168.3.13/
- Subscription of 2 e-journal databases
- Library collection 20,621 books
- Multimedia collection CDs/DVDs 1078 Nos
- NPTEL – http://nptel.iitm.ac.in/
- NPTEL Videos Local Server – http://192.168.3.14/localguru
- Fully computerized library information system
- User friendly online enquiry system for catalogue search and personal account.
- The Library functions from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm on all working days.
Distribution of Books and Periodicals are given below:
|ME – CSE||71||223|
|ME – STRUCTURAL||81||229|
|ME – VLSI||05||08|
|ME – CSE||05||12|
|ME – STRUCTURAL||05||06|
KPR Library has gone online within the KPR.net (KPR Intranet).
OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) facility is now available at the library entrance to facilitate online search of books available in the library with Title, Author, Keyword and Subject search options.
KPRIEnT has developed repository of Digital documents available at KPRIEnT Library. The major collections available in this repository contain Syllabus, Previous years Question papers, open source materials like e-books & e-journals.
NPTEL Videos Local Server – http://192.168.3.14/localguru
|S. No.||Name of the Package||URL||List|
|1||Elsevier- Engineering + Computer Science (275 journals) Science Direct||www.sciencedirect.com/||List|
|2||IEEE- (45 E-Journals)||http://ieeexplore.ieee.org|
|Resources||UG Student||PG Student||Duration||Faculty||Staff|
|Books||6||8||14 days||10||1 Month||5||1 Month|
|Magazines||2||2||2 days||2||2 days||2||2 days|
|CDs||2||2||2 days||2||2 days||2||2 days|
- Overdue charge: Rs.2.00 per day per book.
- Photocopying : Rs. 1.00 per page
- Print out : Rs.2.00 per page
Mr. M. Jawahar -Librarian
Mr. P. Manoharan – Assistant Librarian
Mr. M.M.Poornachandran – Library Assistant
Mr. R.Vinothkumar- Library Assistant
Monday to Saturday
Working Hours: 8.00 a.m. – 10.00 p.m.
Transaction Timings: 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m
Holidays and Sunday
Working Hours: 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
Any Queries Contact : email@example.com
- Silence is to be strictly observed.
- Members are given free access to the stacks and browsing privilege.
- Do not waste more time to locate the documents. For assistance, contact the library staff.
- Do not move books/journals from specified area to another area.
- Do not use others ID cards for borrowing books.
- Users are requested to avoid talking or discussing as it will disturb other readers. Reading halls are meant for individual study only.
- Chairs and tables should not be disturbed from their position
- Readers are requested to switch off their Mobile phones.
- Books and bound volumes should be handled with great care.
- Mutilation and disfiguring of pages of library materials by ink or pencil marks are prohibited.
- Defects found in the books and bound volumes taken out for reading or borrowing should be brought immediately to the notice of the staff on duty.
- Books loaned should be protected from RAIN, DUST, INSECTS, etc.
- Non-library materials should not be brought inside the Library.
- On violation of Library Rules or misconduct of any reader, the library authorities can withdraw the library facilities to that particular individual.
- Sign the register kept at the Check point, while entering the library.