CENTRE FOR MACHINING AND MATERIALS TESTING (CMMT)
The Department of Mechanical Engineering is recognized as a Research Centre by Anna University, Chennai, for carrying out research work at Masters and Doctorate level.
Many students, at UG, PG and PhD level, use these facilities to do their final year and pre-final year project work.
The following facilities are available at CMMT lab of our department for consultancy projects. A nominal price has been fixed for the utilization of these facilities for carrying out research projects.
- To facilitate quality research for students, academicians and researchers in the areas of Materials and Machining.
- Hands on training in preparing composite materials.
- To support research projects by providing assistance in both technical and practical aspects.
- To create general awareness among students about technical research in the areas of materials and machining.
- To establish a link between the Institute and Industries and provide technical assistance at large.
LIST OF EQUIPMENTS
||Date of Purchase
||CNC Vertical Machining Centre
||For machining complex profiles
||CNC Turning Centre
||For turning of various profiles
||Surface Roughness Tester
||To measure the surface irregularities
||To fabricate the Hybrid composites
||To have an optical view of various micro structures and profiles
||Double Disk Polishing
||To polish the samples to study its characterization
||Specimen Mounting Press
||To prepare the samples for polishing and various other studies
||Pin on Disk
||To study the wear properties of the material
||To mix as well reduce the size of the micro sized particle to nano size particle
||Used for polishing the samples
||To have the magnified and clear image of the samples
|| To study the fatigue failure of the components
||To study the magnified image of the profiles
|| Co-ordinate Measuring Machine
|| To measure the components or jobs precisely
The request form can be downloaded, filled and sent to email@example.com. We will contact back once the request is approved.
Dr.S.Sathish ME, PhD
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
KPR Institute of Engineering and Technology,
R & D Brochure